Currently recommended vitamin regimen

Vitamins recommended after surgery following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass

Currently recommended vitamin regimen

Postby Dr. Sandor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 pm

1. MULTIVITAMIN

- Bariatric Fusion® Complete Chewable Vitamin and Mineral Supplement (recommended dose 1 tablet 4 times a day or 2 tablets twice a day) – additional Calcium and Vitamin D supplement is not necessary with this product

- OPURITY® BYPASS & SLEEVE Optimized Multivitamin – 1 tablet a day (but additional Calcium + D supplement is needed)

- CELEBRATE MULTI-COMPLETE – 1 tablet twice a day (but additional Calcium + D supplement is needed)

- Alternatives (see list on last page, take 2 of these tablets daily): - Chewable Centrum Ultra Women’s Tablets, CVS Spectravite Performance Tablets, Walgreens One Daily Healthy Weight, Walgreens A to Z Active Performance or Flintstones Complete Chewable Tablets.

2. CHEWABLE CALCIUM WITH VITAMIN D

Calcium Citrate + D chewable 3 tablets daily (the citrate forms absorbs better after gastric bypass) or Caltrate 600 + D chewable 3 tablets daily or Viactiv Calcium +D chewable 3 tablets daily
Later, in stage 5, non-chewable formula can be used. Active ingredients should be 600 mg calcium and least 400 IU of vitamin D per tablet. The calcium citrate form is preferred.

3. VITAMIN B12 sublingual tablet (at least 500 mcg) once a day.

Available from CVS, Walgreens or online through our Web Store or direct from http://www.bariatricfusion.com, http://www.celebratevitamins.com
Dr. Sandor

Re: Currently recommended vitamin regimen

Postby phigo67 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:42 pm

I use the fusion tablets - easy to remember, chewable and the berry ones are tasty!

I also use their sublingual vitamin B12.
phigo67

Postby gettingskinny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 pm

i also use the fusion. Like only having to remember to just them and not other supplements. I order from Nashua Nutrition where I also get the Bariatic Advantage shake mix. That makes it easy to go over the $99 for free shipping if i am to lazy to drive to Nashua. I Have tried most of the fusion flavors and I use 2 pill cases (morning and night) and I vary the flavors by day so I do not OD on one. :D
gettingskinny

Postby ramblinruth » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:22 pm

I was wondering if you can use gummy vitamins. Centrum Siver has a gummy multivt but I am wondering if they can clog up your pouch.
ramblinruth

Postby gettingskinny » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I have not used gummy vitamins but I have used gummy Melatonin for sleeping and have not had an issue but of course I am taking that just before bed so it has all night to disappear ;)
gettingskinny

Postby artrox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I think you need to be careful with gummy vitamins for a couple of reasons. First, how much sugar is in the vitamin? Most gummies have quite a bit of sugar added, so read the label to find out. Second, does it have *all* of the vitamins we need? Some gummies are missing certain minerals like selenium and copper (to name a few). In the short term, it may not be a big deal. However, if it's your vitamin of choice, be careful. You may need to supplement whatever you're missing in order to make sure you don't end up with deficiencies.

Good luck!
artrox

Postby gettingskinny » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm

I am looking to switch frocmthe Bariatric fusion to the CVS Spectravite performance tablets. The only problem is that CVS does not have anything with that name anymore. I do not have the specs on what the Performance USP had for percentages so I have nothing to compare against the options that are currently available. I have to assume that CVS still produces them but that they are called something else these days. Does anyone take the CVS brand and if so which one do you use.

Thanks in advance
gettingskinny

Return to After Surgery