Recipe for coffee protein drinks

Recommended brands and recipes

Recipe for coffee protein drinks

Postby artrox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 am

Here's something that I've been using pre-op as well as post-op for coffee drinks. You can adjust accordingly to you're own tastes.

French vanilla protein latte (cold)

1 scoop of Bariatric Fusion French Vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp. of decaf coffee granules
1 cup of skim milk

Combine dry coffee granules and a little milk until the coffee dissolves. Add in the remaining milk and protein powder. Blend well. Enjoy!

*I use a stick blender for my shakes, but you can use whatever you have on hand.*

Mocha protein drink (hot)

1 scoop Unjury Chocolate Classic protein powder
1 Tbsp. of decaf coffee granules
1 cup of warm water (no hotter than 130 degrees F--very important!)

Dissolve the coffee granules in a little bit of water. Add in the protein powder, and stir/whisk in the warm water. Don't add the water too quickly or you may get protein clumps (yuck!).

Another way of making this would be to use cold water. Dissolve the coffee granules in a little bit of water. Add the protein powder and remaining water, and blend well--NO protein clumps! Microwave in 30 second intervals until warm. Enjoy!

**I have an 1100 watt microwave, and I don't microwave this for longer than 1 minute, 10 seconds.
artrox

Re: Recipe for coffee protein drinks

Postby byronyluv » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Thank you for these. I look forward to trying them!
byronyluv

Postby artrox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

You're welcome!
artrox

Postby grafton47 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:07 pm

when making my coffee protein drink I just use a cup of coffee instead of water to mix my shake and then add ice an a banana . I do this with the chocolate to make it a banana mocha. I use the magic bullet to mix my drinks.
grafton47

Postby Mabes1971 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Try replacing the ice with frozen bananas or other frozen fruit. Peel and freeze your ripe bananas. Cut into half or thirds, depending on the size, before freezing by placing on flat tray so they will freeze individually and not all stick together. When frozen place in freezer bags. Use a couple pieces and blend in your smoothies. Can also prepare and use other fruit such as strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, etc. the same way in place of ice.
Mabes1971

Postby Dr. Sandor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 pm

You have to be careful about the volume of the fruit that goes into the shake.

It should not be more than 2-3 pieces of frozen berries or a small piece of banana, otherwise you will create a high protein content sugar and calorie smoothie! :o
Dr. Sandor

Postby artrox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

You can definitely use regular coffee! :) My coffee maker was on the fritz, so I had to resort to dry granules. It actually came in handy a couple of times.
artrox

Postby Ricky » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:45 am

I never tried this coffee protein drink but now this time i will try because it is looking good for body. I am sure that the mixture of protein and coffee will be good. Nice recipe.
lakecountybootcamps persona trainer
Ricky

Postby Montgomery » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:04 am

Really useful tips that you share here to make protein drinks, I was searching for it since three days. Finally i got it from here, And i hope i will get more useful information from this community, Great members ,
plantar fascia pain running
Montgomery

Return to Protein shakes